My Favorite Part of Facebook

I like Facebook because I get to see old friends. 

I'll be sixty-something in March so given that I was 6 in first grade, I'm talking about my grade school and high school friends from more than sixty years ago! 

How did I find them? 

I searched for some, others found me and a few popped up as "people you may know." How wonderful it is to connect with these women (all girl schools, you know) and share their lives through social media.

 Some of them post school photos and we have fun eagerly looking for ourselves. Some share pictures and news of their kids and grandkids. Others post about their professions, retirements, beloved pets, hobbies, vacations, illnesses and recoveries. 

It's heartwarming to see these beautiful old friends. (I'm often tempted to ask some of them what skincare cream they use!)  I see women in their sixties, but if I look a little deeper, I can still see the young girl faces that I knew so well. That's my favorite part. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What about my Brooklyn accent?

That Lasagna

My Birthday Party