Route 66

 My daughter said something to me yesterday that has stayed with me. It was a compliment, but it was more than that, it was a revelation. She said (and I'll quote/copy her text exactly), "I love that you are getting even more easy going as you get older, most people get uptight 😂😂😂."

This comment was in response to my reaction to a picture she had texted me. Her dog Lucy and just come in from doing her outdoor business and left muddy paw marks all over the kitchen floor. My response...."It happens." 

The small stuff just doesn't matter anymore. (Is this the wisdom they talk about?) When my now adult kids share their annoyances, I try to minimize their small stuff too in an effort to save them some time. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and at sixty-six, I finally learned that most of it is small stuff. Would I like to go back in time and have a few opportunities for a re-do? I sure would! I regret all that energy wasted on things that just didn't matter. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, does it? 

As I travel this next year on Route 66, I'll count my blessings more than ever and try to stay easy going no matter what life brings me. There's no time to waste, I know that now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What about my Brooklyn accent?

That Lasagna

My Birthday Party