I'll call you back....

One of the highest compliments my dad would pay someone is when he referred to another man as, "a man of his word." There was no explanation needed. I knew exactly what he meant. This man would  follow-through on a promise, a deal or something as simple as returning a phone call. 

I don't know about you, but I see less of this today. Are people more distracted? Is this just another fallout of social media? You tell me.

Okay, so you may think this isn't a big deal. Let's look at something that could be a big deal for you like applying for a job and receiving no response, even though the application said they will get back to you in so many weeks. Has this ever happened to you? 

How about when a store, agency, home improvement place, etc. says they will get back to you by the end of the week. Friday comes, the weekend passes, and nothing. Why did they say that? 

Today, the expression "a man of his word" is needed more than ever, but let's update it.  

Wouldn't it be nice to have our children and grandchildren hear us use the expression "a person of their word," and know exactly what that means and to become one too. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What about my Brooklyn accent?

That Lasagna

My Birthday Party